Saturday, September 29, 2012

PRACA ROOSEVELT & vicinity


Street market on Saturdays at the space behind the church of Nossa Senhora da Consolação.
Praça Roosevelt in the 1950s when it was a wide space that doubled up as a parking lot and street market.
Praça Roosevelt in the late 1950s or very early 1960s. 



Deutsche Schule started in 1878 and changed its name to Colegio Visconde de Porto Seguro.
Deutsche Schule in earlier times.
Colegio Des Oiseaux's impressive building on Rua Caio Prado next to Rua Augusta.


Praça da Bandeira with famous Aluminium Theatre imported wholesale from the U.S.A. by Leonor Bruno, an actress whose daughter Nicete Bruno was part of her company and ended up being famous later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment